An overview of web resources that provide information about water security.
Water Security & Emergency Preparedness
- Water Infrastructure Security Enhancements (WISE) - provides security guidance for water supply, wastewater, stormwater and water monitoring. Security studies undertaken by the American Water Works Association (AWWA). A link to WISE is also provided by WEF.
- WARN - the Water/Wastewater Agency Response Network is a network of utilities helping each other respond to and recover from emergencies. The site is hosted by AWWA. A link to WARN are also provided by the EPA.
- Water Security Conference - information about sessions, speakers and scheduling provided by AWWA.
- Pennsylvania Section (AWWA) - this section of the AWWA provides a good overview of water security issues.
- Water Security (EPA) - the EPA's home page for water security issues.
- Security Product Guide (EPA) - this guide is provided by the US Environmental Protection Agency.
- WaterISAC - the Water Information Sharing and Analysis Center was authorized by the US Congress and managed by the private water sector in order to keep utility managers informed about the security risks to the US water infrastructure.
- Water Environment Research Foundation (WERF) - provides information on water security and emergency response.
- National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA) - also provides information baout water security and emergency preparedness.
- Association of Metropolitan Water Agencies - provides an overview of water security concerns in large urban areas.