News: Publications, RSS Feeds, Websites, Blogs
A list of publications, RSS feeds, web sites, and social media that provide water-related news.
- Water World Magazine - this site includes links for subscriptions to Water World, Water & Wastewater International, Water Technology, Industrial WaterWorld, Water Quality Products, and Water & Wastes Digest. All publications are free.
- Environews - includes weekly water headlines and climate change/water nexus.
- EPA Watershed News - can be viewed on line or received through electronic subscription.
- USGS Publications - a searchable website containing all of the USGS' publications.
- Circle of Blue (Pacific Institute) - Circle of Blue, a nonprofit affiliate of the Pacific Institute, publishes three electronic newsletters: Weekly Water News, Federal Tap, and The Stream, a daily digest spotting global water trends.
- International Association of Pumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) - IAPMO publishes an official newsletter and a Green Newsletter.
- Water Efficiency Watch (AWE) - newsletter published by the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
- The Aquifer (Groundwater Foundation) - contains news related to groundwater.
- Water Efficiency - published six times a year by Forester Media. Available as a free digital subscription.
- Stormwater - also published by Forester Media.
- Building Design and Construction - the Plumbing/Water Systems Products & Systems section of this publication.
- Water - an open access journal on water science and technology, including the ecology and management of water resources.
- Water Alternatives - an interdisciplinary journal addressing the full range of issues that water raises in contemporary societies.
- Global Waters - publication of the US Agency for International Development.
- On Tap Magazine - info about technical, financial, operations and maintenance, management, source water protection, and health issues relevant to small drinking water systems. Published twice a year by the National Environmental Services Center (out of print).
WaterSISWeb Top Posts - This RSS feed tracks water news that may be of interest to professionals.
New York Times - RSS feed from the NYTimes that tracks water news.
Science Daily - This RSS feed tracks news in water science research.
Institute for Water Resources (USACE) - News from the US Army Corps of Engineers' Institute for Water Resources.
- Circle of Blue - Circle of Blue is the international network of leading journalists, scientists and communications design experts that reports and presents the information necessary to respond to the global freshwater crisis. It is a nonprofit affiliate of the internationally recognized water, climate and policy think tank, the Pacific Institute. The web site contains a wealth of information on agriculture, climate, education, energy, health, pollution, pricing, quality, supply, and use of water.
- Water Availability - resources, organizations, and web sites from the USDA Water Quality Information Center.
- Sustainable Water Management - an SIE-Platform (Sustainability Information Exchange) that links more than 1200 executives from industries, research, and government. This site provides water, energy, and further resource management related information in a condensed form. It includes quarterly notes (on the download page) and is available through an RSS feed.
- U.S. Water News - A private news source focused on providing information about current water issues.
- Water Headlines Archive Index (EPA) - Water Headlines is a weekly on-line publication that announces publications, policies, and activities of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Water.
- Low Impact Development - Latest news on LID, Green Infrastructure, and Green Highways.
- Environmental Building News - Latest news on sustainable design and construction.
Water is Worth It - EPA Facebook page that was created to spur discussion and awareness of just how valuable fresh water and water services are. It often contains links to media articles about water issues.
EPA WaterSense - EPA WaterSense Facebook page
AWRA - blog of the American Water Resources Association; contributors are AWRA president, president elect, editor in chief of IMPACT, board member, and director of marketing.
Water Ethics Network - the purpose of this network is to support choices about water use and water ecosystem management that are consciously informed by values; an initiative of the Water-Culture Institute .
Aguanomics - the economics of water (and other stuff); David Zetland, senior water economist at Wageningen University, the Netherlands.
Aquafornia - the California water news blog; owned by the Water Education Foundation.
WaterWired - all things fresh water; Michael E. 'Aquadoc' Campana, hydrogeologist.
JFleck at Inkstain - a few thoughts from John Fleck; writer of journalism and other things living in New Mexico.
Thirsty in Suburbia - documents things from the world of water that make us smile; Gayle Leonard.
Water For The Ages - a place to share information pertaining to global water issues; Abby in Oregon.
Water SISWEB - Scientific Information Syndication WEBsiteS dedicated to water resources; used by scientists, researchers, students, and industry professionals to learn and share info.
Waterblogged - Shaun McKinnon covers water, climate and environmental issues for the Arizona Republic.
watercrunch - a blend of water, infrastructure, history, and sciency; Robert R. Osborne, a civil engineer who lives in South Carolina.
Watering the Desert - some thoughts, musings, and discussions on the intersection between water supply and land use policies, mostly focused on Southern Arizona; Chris Brooks, hydrologist and attorney in Arizona.
food&waterwatch - a public interest organization that works to ensure the food, water and fish we consume are safe, accessible and sustainably produced.
There are currently no results for this search.