Water & Climate Change
A list of web resources that provide information about the intersection between water and climate change.
Climate Change Organizations and References
A list of websites that provides information about climate change research and findings.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) - provides expertise and guidance for climate change at a global level.
- US Global Change Research Program - integrates and disseminates federal research on climate change.
- The National Assessment of the Potential Consequences of Climate Variability and Change report was sponsored by the US Global Change Research Program. The report outlines potential consequences of climate change for geographic regions and industry sectors in the United States.
- Climate Program Office (NOAA) - conducts research on complex climate systems and how they work.
- Climate Services (NOAA) - provides technical expertise, data and assistance to local and regional stakeholders concerned with climate change.
- EPA Climate Change (EPA) - this site provides information on climate change for communities, individuals, businesses, states, localities, and governments.
- National Academies Earth & Life Studies - the Academies' assessment of climate change predictability.
- Yale Project on Climate Change Communication - dedicated to advancing public understanding and engagement with climate change science and solutions.
- Climate Change Congress - information about the international climate change congress, also known as the International Scientific Congress.
- American Meteorological Society - contains links to publications with articles about climate science.
Impacts of Climate Change on Water Resources
A list of websites that provides information about the impacts of climate change on water resources.
- National Water Program Strategy: Response to Climate Change (EPA) - provides an overview of the likely effects of climate change on water resources and the nation’s clean water and safe drinking water programs.
- EPA Climate Change and Water (EPA) - this site provides an overview of web pages related to climate change and water.
- Climate Change Clearinghouse (WRF) - a climate change clearing house for the water community provided by the Water Research Foundation.
- Thirsty for Answers (NRDC) - the results of a review of more than 75 scientific studies and reports that summarizes water-related vulnerabilities in 12 cities across the US.
- Climate Change, Water, and Risk (NRDC) - an evaluation of the impacts of climate change on water supplies in 2050.
- A Clear Blue Future (NRDC) - an assessment of how greening California cities can address water resource and climate challenges.
- In Hot Water: Water Management Strategies to Weather the Effects of Global Warming (NRDC) - an analysis of the effects of global warming on a full range of water management tools in the west that offers recommendations to meet the challenge.
- National Drought Mitigation Center - contains information on state and local drought monitoring and planning and a link to the Drought Monitor.
- Western Regional Climate Center - contains observations, data, project info, forecasts, and educational and travel pages (CA, OR, WA, ID, MT, WY, CO NM, AZ, UT, NV).
- Climate Ready Water Utilities Toolbox (EPA) - provides access to resources containing climate-related information relevant to the water sector.