Region 5 - Midwest
A list of EPA & state water resource websites for EPA's Region 5.
Environmental Protection Agency
Region 5: Midwest - An EPA defined administrative region. EPA's Region 5 webpage contains information related to water, watersheds, and other environmental issues. Region 5 is composed of the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
- Drinking Water - Information about the Midwest's drinking water, including local sources, water security, water conservation and common questions about drinking water.
- Illinois - Information about water programs and policies, including water pollution control, public water supply and water conservation, provided by the Illinois Enviornmental Protection Agency.
- Indiana - The goal of the IDEM Ground Water Section is to protect and assess Indiana's source water. The ground water Section provides guidance for public water systems in establishing Wellhead Protection Plans, Source Water Assessment Plans, as well as providing guidance to private well owners.
- Michigan - Information about water programs and policies, including drinking water, the Great Lakes, groundwater, surface water and water management, provided by the Department of Natural Resources and Enviornment.
- Minnesota - Information about water programs and policies, including surface water, groundwater, watersheds, and water quality, provided by the state's Pollution Control Agency.
- Ohio - Information about water programs and policies, including surface and gorund water, provided by the state's Enviornmental Protection Agency.
- Wisconsin - Information about wtaer programs and policies, including groundwater, surface water, watershed management and the Great Lakes.